Monday, June 3, 2013

Pictures of Hollis Woods - Literary Luminary

Mai Ness
Pictures of Hollis Woods
Literary Luminary
Monday, 3rd June, 2013

                    My job as 'literary luminary' was to select paragraphs that represent a powerful, interesting, important, puzzling, funny or explanatory. I chose five sample paragraphs to write about. Some were puzzling to me, some were challenging to understand, and some were powerful and significant towards the reader (me).


Here are a couple of paragraphs I have listed:

1) I chose this powerful paragraph because it emphasizes Hollis' decision to forget about Izzy, the Old Man and Steven. I think we have all experienced this before and that relates to everyone's life in some ways. (p. 149, pp.3)

2) I chose this paragraph because Hollis puts lots of detail in her explanation of the setting, and it is very powerful and it makes you get a positive mind set because of the joyous Christmas cheer. (p. 153, pp.3)

-These were a couple of paragraphs that I emphasized throughout the story.


-Hollis Woods-

No comments:

Post a Comment