Saturday, May 23, 2015

Discussion Director-Raymond's Run

We read a short story called Raymond's Run. And we had question to choose from to answer.
The questions I chose are:

What is "playing the dozens"? It is a game played in front of an audience of bystanders, who encourage the participants to reply with more egregious insults.

Why does Sqeaky say she prefers action to talking? She wants to get straight to business by punching someone who is teasing her brother. 

In the story, which conflicts are addressed through action, which through words? Everything is expressed through words but she tells a couple of things she would do if she wanted to get straight to business. 

Are you more likely to use words or actions to resolve your conflicts? I am more likely to use words than fighting because I could get into more trouble if I fight and I try to fix things with words. Fighting just makes it worse.

Is Sqeaky confident or cocky about her talent for running? She is cocky because she keeps showing off about her running. She is a bit too confident thinking she is the best in the world. 

How does her attitude affect her performance? It does affect her because she is getting cocky making her faster to prove how good she is.

How does it affect her relationships with family and friends? It affects only her brother because she runs ahead when they go on their morning jogs and people start bullying her brother.

Do you have a talent, gift or ability that you are proud of? I have many talents but my three talents that I am most proud of are playing soccer, speaking more than 5 languages and playing the piano.

Did anyone encourage or discourage your talents? Nobody has ever discouraged my talents but people always encourage my soccer. And they definitely encourage my piano skills, especially my father. and people always are very encouraging of my language talents. They want me to always learn a word or two of the language in the country we are in. 

How do those talents affect your relationships? Soccer or my language talent do not affect my relationships but when I play piano, I usually get tired of it and get mad at my parents for making me do it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment