Sunday, May 24, 2015

Raymond’s run:

Raymond’s run:     

Task:-DD
My Job this time was to be the discussion director; it was also the job of all my other group mates. I was supposed to write a list of 4-five optional interesting deep questions since we finished our book and discuss them with my group. The questions have to be related to the book and relevant. You also need to come up with answers of the questions.
Discussion director questions:
Question 1: Who is the fastest runner in this story? If so Why?(answer this question while using your imagination and logical reasoning) Answer: The fastest runner is Squeaky and In my own words in a defensive manner, i believe Squeaky is fast because she has to be quick to defend her brother and to act quickly in case Raymond is not thinking straight
Question 2: How does the rivalry between Gretchen and Squeaky impact Squeaky?        Answer: Gretchen believes that she has the capability to run faster than Squeaky and win first place in the annual race. This rivalry makes Squeaky more competitive and determined to win before the race begins. However, after the race Squeaky realizes that Gretchen is also a good runner and admits that she is beginning to like her a little. When Squeaky learns that she won the race after a close finish, the story concludes with her stating that she might invite Gretchen to help her train Raymond. Ultimately, this rivalry leads to respect and the beginning of a friendship.
Question 3: In "Raymond's Run," before the race, Squeaky says, "I run. That is what I am all about," but after the race, what is Squeaky "all about?" Answer: At the beginning of the story, Squeaky runs for herself.  It brings her pleasure and a sense of pride. You can hear this when she describes the joy of running as she narrates the story. However, as the story continues, Squeaky spends more and more time with her brother Raymond who has special needs.  Running is not the same for her because she must watch out for her brother and this distress her; it holds her back. However, by the end of the story, Squeaky comes out of herself and her running surrounds the experiences of her brother Raymond and what running means to him.

Question 4: As you read this book, what type of expectations were you looking forward to meet? Why, and did you meet them? Answer: My expectations were for the book to affect me personally and my mental state. I expected this because the book is seriously related to real life by people actually going and having Raymond's condition. Also yes it did meet my expectation because it really got
me to think and showed me what it was like to be in Raymond's shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment