Sunday, December 2, 2012

Crimson Waters Cause Several Sydney Beaches To Close


Crimson Waters Cause Several Sydney Beaches To Close
Written By: Meera Dolasia



Hi, today I have found a really interesting news on "DOGO News." The Bondi Beach in Sydney has turn into  red color! It wasn't because of the animals or food but they say it was an algae called, nocticulla scintillans or, people call it Sea Sparkle but this will not really last a long time and it will disappear. I was wondering why did it turn red? In the article, it says, It is because when some microscopic organisms concentrates in small sections in the oceans. But it's good because humans won't get any algae or anything bad to their body so the beach is opened. But sadly, these organisms will sink in the shallow waters and it can make the oxygen becoming low in the area. It will also harm the animals around. And there is another cool thing about this. At night, when the waves hit each other, the ocean starts glowing! It's really beautiful!


I thought this was really interesting because I really wondered what was the red water and why. I never thought anything like this existed!

  

2 comments:

  1. It is really interesting Nurin!!! I also wonder why it becaume red and you wrote about that I could understand. Great job Nurin!!!!!! You should search more about it, it is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete