Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Slave Dancer-Most Interesting Part

The most interesting part of the book is in the chapter when Jessie gets kidnapped. In that chapter, the author describes how Jessie was playing his fife when a man gave him some money, so Jessie decides to run home in order to show his mother what he had received. He chooses to take the shortcut, and instead, he meets the man who gave him the money. "Don't you  remember a man who gave you money? I'm about to do even more for you. I'm going to take you on a fine sea voyage." And that is where the real story begins. I think that everyone should try reading this book, even if they hate slavery, horror, and sad books, everyone should give it a try. Before, I didn't know much about slavery except that it is prejudging people because of their skin color and, that it is bad. But after reading this book, I learned many more things about slavery. This book has some very sickening parts, one which made me feel like disgorging. So the only thing I would say to a person who is planning to read The Slave Dancer is: It is not a very happy book, more sad than happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment