Saturday, October 12, 2013

Little Woman

Hi guys,
I am this week reading Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott. I have read 148 pages out of 546.
Here is a picture of the book :
   Comment: This is my first time reading this book. I have always                    wanted to read it but never spent my time going to book shops and               looking for it.When I went to this years book sale I saw it and I quickly       grabbed the book before any one else could! :)    


   The idea of the book is that there are four girls and that their father went to war and they stayed with their mother in their house with their servant. They are not a wealthy family any more since there father went away and there is no one to work. So the two oldest daughters have decided to work a bit, the oldest one called Margret, who's nick name is Meg, is seventeen and she goes to this rich persons house and teaches the youngest kids and sort of babysits them. The second oldest daughter is called Josephine and her nick name is Jo, she is sixteen and she is taking care of their rich aunt who is very old.

A word that I found very interesting is "parlor" the definition is: A sitting room in a private house.                     




                                                                       Anka

4 comments:

  1. Anka, I read this book its really good
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting, and I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great book! I'm so glad you're reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anka, this book is a great book and the way you described it sounds even better. I also have the book at home so if I knew you were looking for it I could of just given to you.

    ReplyDelete