Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hey sixth graders,

I have finished reading the book Whittington by Alan Armstrong. The book got better and better towards the middle. When I finished t I researched a little bit about Dick Whittington and his cat and was surprised with what I found out.

The main climax in my book was... Well, there was nothing to special that happened in the book. It was all pretty much the same thing. Animals telling about their lives in a barn and a cat telling history tales.

I guess you could call teaching the boy to read a climax. In my book the animals in the barn were trying to teach a boy how to read. He had dyslexia, which is a disease were people see letters all turned around and backwards. This made it harder for him to read. In the end he got pretty good at reading and the animals felt really accomplished. That is the only thing that I can think of as a climax, when the boy learned how to read. It was interesting because whenever he could not read a word correctly he would get really upset and angry, sometimes he would even throw things. It was interesting how barn animals taught him to read, animals can not talk. in this book apparently the animals could talk and that is how they taught the boy word by word how to read. I found this strange since this was not a book about magic.

I found out that Dick Whittington was not a real life person, neither was his cat. They were both based on real life people though. I think this makes the book plenty more interesting because you know what you are reading is true.

I hope you like my blog post. I am sorry I did not have a clearer climax but nothing different really happened in the book. I know this sounds boring but it is actually pretty good.


-Erika Anne Brotzen-
(AKA Firestar)
Dick Whittington and his cat.
Dick Whittington's  real name is actually Richard Whittington.


No comments:

Post a Comment