Sunday, December 1, 2013

Troy by Adèle Geras



Hello my dear readers.
Today in this blog post I will be explaining the main climax. I am saying the main climax because there are many exciting parts in this story but this is the most intense part. The climax is when the beautiful maid Marpessa and the nurse Xanthe meet up in the gardens where King Priam used to take lonely walks in. In more detail I will describe what they said to each other. Marpessa spotted Xanthe, "Oh, there you are my dear sister." She rushed to Xanthe. "What did you need to tell me Marpessa?" asked Xanthe. Marpessa looked left and right to see if there would be anyone around to intrude, but like every night here in Troy, it was silent. "I am sorry for this but remember one thing, I love you and I never wanted to hurt you." Marpessa stated.
Troy
Troy (Photo credit: Jungle_Boy)
"Why must you talk like that Marpessa, what's wrong?" Xanthe was worried. Marpessa led Xanthe to a bench and sat down. "I know you love Alastor, right? One day when I was in the sewing room Aphrodite appeared in front of me. She said to me that my work was beautiful, but then she told me that she was bored on Mount Olympus and she needed to find two sisters to fight over one guy and so she chose us. I told her that I did not love anyone but she said that you did and then I realized she was going to make me fall in love with Alastor but I told her that if she did that it would break our trust. I have now fought against her power and given Alastor to you but it is too late and now I have to deal with this child." exclaimed Marpessa. Xanthe had burst into tears. " I don't believe you. My own sister betrayed me. I don't believe that it was Aphrodite. I never believed that you could see the gods." sobbed Xanthe while running away. " Then let me get rid of this child alone!" shouted Marpessa.

That was the climax everybody! Hope you enjoyed. I have read the whole book as you might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment