Saturday, October 31, 2015

Out of my Mind: By Sharon M. Draper- Ronia

 Now, I am reading a book called "Out of my mind." The author of this book is a woman named Sharon M. Draper. This book won the "Coretta Scott King" award and is a New York times bestseller. This book is about a girl named Melody who is ten and two-thirds years old. She is an intelligent girl, understands everything, is very smart, but can't show it to anybody. That is so because she is in a state in which she cannot walk, talk, or express herself in any way. In the first few chapters, Melody talks about (thinks about) her current life and how she manages to live in the state she is in. She talks about her feelings and family experiences. This is what the first few chapters are about. From the part which I read, I found two unknown words. The first one is sedative. Sedative is a pill or tranquilizer used to reduce irritability or excitement. Here is an example sentence: "Due to the lots of irritability and excitement, the poor girl was instructed to take a sedative." The second one is desperation. Desperation is the state of despair. Here is an example sentence: "The woman's heart filled with desperation as she watched the fire cackle. Overall, I really enjoy this book because it has so many details, that it make the reader feel like in the situation. I am really enjoying this book and I recommend it to everybody.   

No comments:

Post a Comment