Monday, October 26, 2015

Theodore Boone- Christoffer

Theodore Boone
By: John Grisham
The book that I am reading is called Theodore Boone by John Grisham. This book is the first in the series. The series has four other books that include "The Abduction", "The Accused", 'The Activist" and "The Fugitive." These books are all murder mysteries. Right now I am half way in the book and can't stop reading it. It is one of my most favorite books that I have read. I can't wait to finish the series. The author doesn't just right for young-adults he also write for adults. 

The book is about a boy named Theodore Boone who is the protagonist. He has two parents named Ms. Boone and Mr. Boone. Both of his parents are lawyers. Each day Theodore Boone goes to school and then comes to his parents office. He always rushes homework to go to different trials that are ongoing. The main problem that is keeping the story ongoing is that the judge and others have accused Pete Duffy of murdering his own wife. Through the story people are debating about if Pete Duffy did murder is own wife or didn't. The question is just how will the book end, will Pete Duffy be accused of being guilty or will he not be accused of being guilty. 

Two words that I found that I didn't know was prosecution and rowdy. Prosecution means the institution and conducting of legal proceedings against someone in respect of a criminal charge. Rowdy means noisy and disorderly. I found the word prosecution in the sentence that is written like this "This effort by the prosecution drew heavy fire from Mr. Clifford Nance, who had kept quite during early hours of the trial." The word rowdy was found in the sentence written like this "The room was noisy, even rowdy, as two dozen or so students of all ages plowed through their homework."

1 comment:

  1. I like your reflection or whatever its called. I think you wrote it in a detail. I liked how you expressed for how much you like this book.

    Nini

    ReplyDelete