Saturday, April 5, 2014

Carrie ♥

I used the movie poster for the picture....
Hi everyone!
This week I was reading an awesome book which was lent to me by Omayma.
I was actually inspired to read it by her blog post last week, so at least there is a good purpose for these blog posts!
There was also the fact that I have wanted to read it for ages, and I have a slight obsession with horror. I have read The Shining, watched The Shining, The Conjuring and Poltergeist....  I want to watch The Purge... and read Doctor Sleep... and I REALLY want to watch/read The Exorcist and Carrie (I'm halfway through this mission).
Anyway, the book that I was reading this week was Carrie! It is a very famous book by Stephen King that has been made into two films, one in 1976 and 2013. I had found out about the book through watching trailers for the 2013 version earlier this year, under the influence of my great friend Shelly.
Well anyway, I think it looks like a pretty terrifying book, both by the cover and the film poster which I have lovingly plopped over there ->
Back to the book. I started reading it on Monday I am currently on page... well, as of this Saturday morning it is page 154/242, so I am about halfway through. I have had a lot of time to read it this week, but I was also reading about ten other books, so I am only only page 154.
There were quite a few words which I didn't understand, but most of them happened to be coming from Carrie's overly religious mother, and so were biblical terms, so I didn't include them. I still looked them up, so I gained a good general understand of the terms.
One of words I didn't understand was the word atonement, which I found on page 97.

a·tone·ment

  [uh-tohn-muhnt]
noun
1.
satisfaction or reparation for a wrong or injury; amends.


'This was just some strange type of atonement, and she could understand that and respond to it'

I think this means that she thought he was sorry for something that had happened to her, and wanted to make up for it. If you are sorry for something, you may want to atone your crimes.

Thats it for these week!
Goodbye and auf wiedersehen!

1 comment:

  1. HI, I really liked you post because it did not give away the book and you put your opinions in the post.
    So great post :)

    ReplyDelete