Sunday, April 6, 2014

De Zevensprong - Tonke Dragt

Haii!
So this week, I've been reading a strange book, in Dutch though. De Zevensprong. Literally I can only translate this into a round-a-bout containing seven roads. It is about a teacher that confuses himself with the mysterious round-a-bout's name, when seeming to have only six roads! After, he joins a conspiracy, which is about saving a young boy, Geert-Jan, from the claws of his uncle. Long ago, in an interesting story, it was said that a treasure was buried, which is an even bigger secret. Together, (yes, they are associated) they form the conspiracy of a lifetime, and the teacher, was suddenly chosen to be the governor of Geert-Jan. Not only to teach him, but to help him escape as well, (with the treasure of course).

I chose it, (not really) last time my mom visited The Netherlands and picked up a book for me, to improve my current Dutch reading. She thought it would be an amazing opportunity for me. And I do not think there were any negative effects from that.

(I LOVE THE BOOK)

I didn't know a complicated word: Pedagogisch, (Pedagogical) Pg. 118
It means a kind of education to children, teaching them.
I read the entire book in one night, (491 Pages)
And the book was written and illustrated by: Tonke Dragt. (Like the best Dutch writer ever!)




CK, Cosmo xD




2 comments: