Saturday, April 5, 2014

Samo da smo zajedno, Just as long as we're together

HI Guys, 
I am reading this book in Serbian, It is called Samo da smo zajedno by Judy Blume. I have read all 222/222 pages of it.   The book is actually originally in English but I have a Serbian copy. 
Here is a picture of my Serbian version:                                 Here is the English version: 
I started reading this book on Wednesday and I finished it this morning and I have started reading another book. :)                                                 This book and it is about two girls that are best friends then one of the girls called Stefanie she met a girl called Alison on the beach and they became friends so when they got to know each other a bit better Stefanie introduced Alison to her best friend Rachel. Alison was a new girl and she was going to go to 7th grade in the same school as them in Stefanie's class. The book is basically about boys, and about their friendship and Stefanie's parents have broken up and she did not know till half way in the book and then close to the end of the book she gets in a fight with Rachel but in the last page in the book they are friends again. 
I got this book as a present from my great aunt, I got it because my cousins have been lending me other books similar to this so my great aunt thought that I might enjoy it, and I did. 
The word that I did not know was in Serbian so in English I know what it means. 
In Serbian  it is usklađuju in English it means adjusted. 
Adjusted means: 
verb
past tense: adjusted; past participle: adjusted
  1. 1.
    alter or move (something) slightly in order to achieve the desired fit, appearance, or result.
    "he smoothed his hair and adjusted his tie"
So, yeah that is it. Hope you liked my post!!

Anka 


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I have read the book in English, and I think you described it extremely well. I want to read it again now, though probably not in serbia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I wonder how they translated every single word... I would fall asleep if I had the job of translating... Too much work for my brain. Sounds like an interesting book. And the title sounds happy which is nice. Cause the name Carrie still freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete