Friday, April 4, 2014

My life with the Chimpanzees by Jane Goodall

 The book I'm reading this week, as you probably all know, is My life with the Chimpanzees. As you know, it's about a woman who lived and studied with chimpanzees for a very long time. (40 years to be exact.) It tells of her life with the chimpanzees, her experiences, and how she finds it fascinating that chimpanzees are so incredibly related to humans. They even have similar emotions and they can get the same diseases that we can.



I'm on Chapter 11, page 136 at the moment, which is the last chapter. Of course, I chose this book as we are reading it at school for English. A word that I found slightly odd was in a few chapters back. That word is 'gorse.' Gorse apparently means a shrub related to the pea family which sounds very odd and is apparently found in Europe and North Africa which is where Jane is when the plant is mentioned.

I find this book very interesting as I love the way chimpanzees are so like humans. Jane Goodall mentions how chimpanzees are used for testing products as they are so similar to humans. I think this is so unfair as when they are tested they are kept in cages, on their own with hardly any food. Jane Goodall is really inspiring and teaches people how animals should really be treated.

BTW, sorry about there being two pictures, my laptop was glitching and I can't do anything about it...


No comments:

Post a Comment