Friday, April 12, 2013

The Phantom Tollbooth

I am reading "The Phantom Tollbooth" with my literature circle group. We made a group decision of reading 32 pages every week because 32 pages is 1 eighth of the book, and we have 8 weeks to read the book. My job was was being the Summarizer for our literature circle. As Summarizer I wrote about the book and what happened so far. I wrote about Milo, a bored kid with nothing special in his life. He is always looking for adventure and excitement. He hates school, especially math class, because he feels that school is boring. Milo thinks everything is boring. But 1 day Milo found a package on his bed after school. There was no return address and he was bored (as usual) so he opened it. Inside was a toy Phantom Tollbooth. But when he started playing with it he found out it wasn't a toy and started traveling through time, with a mission to reach 1 location.

No comments:

Post a Comment