Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Monument 14 - Madison

       For my book report this quarter, I read Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne. The setting is in the future, during a freak series of storms and chemical outbreaks. I know it's in the future because it says in the books that he found "an old-fashioned flat screen TV" and it also mentions that kids learn to touch-type in kindergarten on a tablet that everyone has. A freak hailstorm pounds the bus, so 14 kids take refuge in a shopping mall. It's a pretty big place, with plenty of food, clothes, water, and power. The kids are stuck there when Ms. Wooly, the bus driver, goes for help and doesn't return.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you described the setting, and it made me want to read the book more and more as I continued reading about the setting,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, this really made me feel like i am in the book in that place at that time.

    ReplyDelete