Sunday, October 26, 2014

Airborn by Matija


Airborn
By Kenneth Oppel

I’m reading the book AIRBORN. I have read till chapter two but I’m only summarizing chapter one. Well even though I didn’t choose this book if I heard of it I would totally read it. The book is told by Matt Cruse, the main character. He got a job that his father had before he died. His job was to look from the crow’s nest at the weather changes. The crow’s nest is the top of the Aurora airship. Matt has to work to feed his family a mother and two sisters.

One day he accidentally spotted a balloon. The balloon was out of control and the airship which Matt was on tried to catch it. They successfully caught the balloon and in it was a very badly injured man. The man had some type of concision and was in very bad condition. Matt had talked multiple times with him and realized he only partially remembers his life. Unfortunately he had pneumonia and had heart seizure. He died couple of hours later. Matt was the last one talking with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment