Saturday, October 25, 2014

Princess Academy

Hi guys,
I am reading this book named Princess Academy. It is written by Shannon Hale. This book has 314 pages. I have read half of the book till now. I chose this book because Shannon Hale is one of my favorite authors. I have also read a book by her named Goose Girl. The book inspired me to read Princess academy. This book is the winner of the Newbery Honor Book. The book was published in 2005.

The main character in this book is Miri. She is an ordinary girl, who lives on a mountain. She dreams to work in a quarry, but unfortunately she can't because her dad doesn't allow her to.

One day some soldiers sent by the king came to their house. The soldiers told to Miri's family, that they need girls, to be the princess of the prince. Miri didn't wanted to go, but she had to. Her father also couldn't do anything because they had to follow the king's orders. She knew that they won't choose lowlanders(name for people who live on the mountain) to be the princess.
They took the girls to an academy, where they were getting trained to present themself to the young prince. Miri had lots of competitions, which she faced in the academy. While she was in the academy she starts to think, what if the prince chose her to be the princess?  She could have a better life for herself and her family, she would be rich.
I am leaving to you to figure out if she is going to be the princess or not??. I don't know if she is going to be the princess. Hope you enjoyed my blog post.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Prachi,
    Great job!!! What is the theme of the book? Is it iin the school libray??
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie,
      I don't really know yet what is the theme of the story yet? I will try to find it out when i am done reading whole book. Yes, i think it is in the school library.
      And thanks for commenting!!!!

      Delete
  2. HI Prachi!!!!!
    I really liked your description of the book, it seems very interesting..!
    I read one of her books, I think it was Forest Born and it wsa a very good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ms. Rebellion (Kiara). I think i have that book in my home. But anyway thanks again for commenting!!!...

    ReplyDelete