Thursday, October 23, 2014

Nation
  Terry Pratchett     

         Nation is a book by Terry Pratchett. Terry Pratchett is an English author now suffering from Alzheimer's. It was published in 2008. The book has 403 pages. It is a fictional book, based in the past (maybe 200 or 150 years ago) on the Mothering Sunday's, but called the Sunrise Islands by it's inhabitants. Nation is the name of the island the story takes place on. It is about what happened after a tsunami wiping out the Nation and many other islands.
         I chose to read this book for a couple of reasons: a) because I was looking for something to read and this was right in front of me; b) I really enjoy reading stories written by Pratchett and c) because I tried to read this book in fourth grade but gave up, so I tried again.
         At the moment I am on page 221. So far the main happenings are: when the tsunami struck, the main character Mau was in a canoe at the time, he survived. Nobody from his home did though. The  only other live soul on the island was a trouserman girl that the wave brought in a big ship. She is the only reason that Mau had not gone into the sea to drawn. As the book goes on, more people arrive. The island is now home to 20-30 people. At the moment I am at the climax...

No comments:

Post a Comment