Sunday, January 26, 2014

Camp Confidential #17: Hide and Shriek

I just finished a book called Hide and Shriek. It is an adventure scary story.

The scenes are at camp, in the cabin, the camp site, and in the mist.

The book is at Pennsylvania, Camp Lakeview.

Quick summary: At the beginning of the book, a girly-girl called Tori tells a scary story about a fog that came in at Camp Lakeview a few years ago. A criminal just got out of jail at the time, and his name was Cropsy. The camp was forced to evacuate and 2 boys ran into the forest. They heard someone calling their names and  ran towards the voice. They realized it wasn't anyone they knew, but it was Cropsy, the mass murderer. He had a knife in one hand, and tried to stab them both. They took the knife and ran into a boat and rowed. Cropsy ran after the and grabbed onto the boat. They cut off his hand and Cropsy leaped in and sliced their heads off. The rumor is that every few years he returns and kills campers in the very same fog.

When the the girls and their CIT (counselor in training) and Counselor go camping and the mist comes up, the girls all go missing 1 by 1 and they have to go and look for each other. They find out Cropsy is just a man who hates teenagers invading his ex-fun-house and scares them away.They make peace with him, find each other, and go back to their beloved Camp Lakeview.

"I guess it's so remote here in rural Pennsylvania that they don't have a lot of can-you-hear-me-now guys making sure our phones work." - Natalie.
This tells me that the setting in Pennsylvania. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like your blog post, and I thought is was very interesting. I think I would enjoy that book if I read it. I wish you would have told us more about hat the setting looked like other than the summary of the book. But I still like it anyway.

    -Erika Anne Brotzen-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog post, and think that from what I read the book "Camp Confidential" sounds very interesting. But I do agree with Erica you could have added a bit more about the setting instead of the summary.

    Anyways great blog post,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a very nice blog post, I really wanna read the book now though! It seems interesting!

    ReplyDelete