Saturday, March 14, 2015

Divergencia

Divergencia
Veronica Roth
390 pages
            

          I have just started reading a book called Divergencia, or Divergent in English. The book is translated into Slovak by Elena Guricanova. This is the first book that I have read in a while that is written in present tense. This fits into the style of writing. The author gets you all into the book from the start, like you are living it. It is a very good book.
         The book is in a world that is a dystopia, meaning that it is a world in which everything is unpleasant or bad.
         Since I have just started reading the book I am only on the fourth chapter. So far all that has happened is that a sixteen year old girl has taken a test that will determine what she would do for the rest of her life. Once she has taken it, the lady that had given her the test tells her that she is confused, but the girl, Beatrice, does not know why. Later you find out that the reason the lady giving the test was confused is the fact that Beatrice is a Divergent. The test did not work on her. The lady tells Beatrice that she must not tell anybody about this, Divergent is very dangerous. Beatrice has to pick alone...
         Two words that I did not from this book are "zabreše" and "zmiatla." Zabreše isfound on page 18, it means an unfriendly or nasty bark. It was used when a dog bent down and barked into Beatrices ear. A sentence in which could be used in is "the dog chasing me barked in an unfriendly way, signaling he wouldn't mind digging his teeth into my leg." Zmiatla is a Slovak work meaning "confused." This word is found on page 21 of the book. It si used when the lady that gave Beatrice the test says she is confused, as the test did not work. A sentence in which it could be used in is "the email confused me, as the day before I had heard the murderer was captured."

1 comment:

  1. Martin, Good job in writing the summary of the book! I read this book before like 2 times and also read the whole series! I hope you enjoy the rest of the book cause it is amazing!! Rin

    ReplyDelete