Sunday, March 22, 2015

Uppdraget - What am I reading?

Sentence #2: Forest edge - When I was walking on the path I heard a crack, I turned around just in time to see the deer disappear in the forest edge.


The book I am reading is a Swedish book called "Uppdraget", the translation to English would be "The Mission". The author of the book is Camilla Lagerqvist. This book has 157 pages. So I've continued to read in my book, this will be a summary of what I've read since the last blog post.

Maja and Benjamin, her mother's friend's son, went to check on the new girl, Hilde who was sitting on a big rock in the woods by their house; she had run away when she felt the ground shaking. Maja, Hilde, and Benjamin sat together and talked for a while on top of the rock. After a while, Hilde took her things and ran home to where she had moved in. Maja had things she needed to do, so Benjamin went home to where they had moved in. Maja and her little sister walked around the village and delivered fruits and vegetables that people had ordered from their mom. The people were nice to them, at some places they even got a snack. The next morning Maja's sister waked her, Benjamin was there. Maja and Benjamin went to Benjamin's house to swim in the sea behind his house.

Two words I didn't understand are:
Word #1: Råma - Translation - Mooing - Definition - A deep sound of a cow.
Word #2: Skogsbryn - Translation - Forest edge - Definition - The end or beginning of a forest.

Sentence #1: Mooing. - When I was playing with my friend in the yard, I could hear the cows mooing on the grass field.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you are reading a book in your own language. I am curios to know what page you are on. I think this book sounds interesting and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems really interesting and it is also good book to read in your language

    ReplyDelete