Sunday, March 15, 2015

Uppdraget - what I am reading

           


The book I am reading is in Swedish, it is called "Uppdraget", or "The Mission" translated to English. The author of this book is Camilla Lagerqvist. The book has 157 pages. I have only read 6 chapters of the book (26 pages) so the summary won't be that long.

This book is about a girl in northern Sweden during world war 2, who gets two new friends and they try to help a women that is in grave danger.

A girl named Maja who is about to turn 13 lives in the northern part of Sweden during world war 2 (1943). Maja's mom grows vegetables and fruits that she tries to sell. It is hard for her to run the family since Maja's dad is a soldier and is not home a lot. A girl moves to the town where Maja lives. One day, when Maja's mother's friend and her son is visiting them, the new girl comes through the gate and asks if she can buy some potatoes, and the ground starts shaking.

Two words I don't understand are: Rännil - Translation - Trickle - Definition - A gentle stream.
Törna - Translation - Bump into - Definition - To collide with.

Sentence #1: Trickle - I was sweating so much it fell like there was a trickle on my back.
Sentence #2: Bump into - I was running so fast I lost control of myself, the next second I bumped into a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment