Sunday, March 22, 2015

Watership Down

I am reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. The book has 464 pages not 413 as I said last time. I am 40 pages through the book. Is is an amazing story of about 10 or so rabbits migrating to different lands. The part that I have read so far is about them trying to cross a river. A very big challenge for them and they crossed it safely but while exiting the river, they see a huge field in front of them with wolf paw prints in it. 
The words that I did not understand are:
Alder, which is a widely distributed tree of the birch family which has toothed leaves and bears male catkins and woody female cones. "The scientific name is for the tree is Alnus."

Blackthorn, which is a thorny shrub which bears white flowers before the leaves appear, followed by blue-black fruits. "It is called sloe because it is used chiefly for flavoring alcoholic beverages such as sloe gin."


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great job on your blog i really like rabbits. It sounds like an interesting book. The words you chose were quite a challenge for me to learn what it is good job. I would maybe just add a bit back ground in formation. :)

    ReplyDelete