Saturday, March 14, 2015

What I am reading

I am currently reading a magazine called "BOAT INTERNATIONAL." This magazine, as the name suggests is about boats of all kind. It tells us pretty much everything about new concepts of boats, the design of boats(architecture), the performance of boats and many other important things that you would look at if wanting to buy a machine that is displayed the magazine. Since, when I grow up I want to be an architect, it is interesting to see images of boats that are being built and compare them to buildings. It is also possible to see the full interior of the boat that is shown. Another thing I liked, is that they showed some future concepts that the reader might expect. I can conclude that a boat is like a hotel on water!

Two words I didn't understand were: berthed, and teak.

Berthed means:

It is something like a shelflike sleeping space, on a plane, boat, or railroad car.

Teak means:

A large east Indian tree. It's wood is used for shipbuilding, making furniture and etc.

Sentence I would use those two words in:

Is there teak wood on this yacht?

Is there a berth here, so I can get some rest?

This is what helped me find the definition of the words:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/berthed?s=t

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a really cool magazine. By the way how many pages does the magazine have in all. Great way to describe the book and why you are reading this. I support your dream and what your choice of career is, I think you will be a very successful and famous architect.

    ReplyDelete