Sunday, March 22, 2015

What I read/reading?

I just finished reading an article called "99 Interesting Facts About The World To Blow your mind." This article, as the name suggest, is talking about some really interesting facts that might surprise us. There were a lot that shocked me, but the one that made me think the most was this: "There are more vacant houses than homeless people in the United States." That is just amazing! Another fact is that: "You are 1% shorter in the evening than in the morning." Wow... There are some bizarre, hilarious and downright interesting facts in this article. There is just too many facts that I read. Therefore I will put the link of the article at the end of the blog. I truly suggest that you read it...

Moreover I will no tell you two words I didn't understand.

"Jiffy": It is said when you will be back for a unspecified short period of time.
Sentence using the word: Hold on, I will be back in a jiffy!
The interesting fact about jiffy was: "A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second."

Autonomous: It is having the freedom to act independently.
Sentence using it: Before the rule there were a lot of autonomous people.
The interesting fact using autonomous is: "Before Colonial rule, Africa comprised of 10,000 different states and autonomous groups with distinct languages and customs."

The link: http://all-that-is-interesting.com/interesting-facts-about-the-world#2

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, I visited the link and I'm impressed by the amount of knowledge there, grate job Aleksa.

    ReplyDelete