Sunday, February 8, 2015


 As you already know I am reading a book called “Touching Spirit Bear” by Ben Mikaelsen. I have read 21 pages and I will tell you a bit about the setting and conflict from what I have learned. Lets start of with the setting. It all takes place on an island where the protagonist is at. He’s there because of the crimes that he committed. It is a very mysterious island and we have yet to find out what are its secrets with the main character Cole. The only thing that I know so far about the island is that it was filled with animals and that it had one water stream where Cole and the other animals would drink water…

The other part of the setting is the time. So, let me tell you what time in this book is. We don’t know the exact time but it is around September when the book starts.


Now, the conflict. The conflict is Man v.s. Self. That means it is an internal type of conflict. That’s because Cole is fighting with himself and cannot decide whether to be a good kid and change for good or continue being a bad guy and never change. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment