Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Dragonfly Pool- by Eva Ibbotson

Hai Gayzz

Currently I am on page 223 of the Dragonfly Pool (the book I'm doing for my book project, of course.) It's a great book so far and I'm sad that I've nearly finished D:

Well, anyway, STOP HERE (well not right here just in a sentence or so :) . I'm pretty much going to be telling the whole story away, so you may not want to read the following few sentences so if you want to comment, just comment on this part, if that's even possible...

So the main conflict is basically about the Prince of Bergania who is obviously the son of the King. Wow. As I said in my last blog post, he is extremely lonely. He meets Tally, the protagonist, in the Dragonfly Pool, the beautiful pool (small lake) covered with glistening dragonflies, hence the name...
Tally finds it awful that Karil can't be free. I really don't want to spoil the book, so close your eyes for a few seconds (if that even makes any sense) Once the king is shot by the antagonists, Karil is in great danger. If he stays behind he will definitely be imprisoned and probably even be killed. Tally, her friends from England and other foreigners from other countries (Yugoslavia is one of them) cook up a plan. When they leave they will disguise Karil as one of them and he will not be noticed in a crowd of children all wearing the same thing. He will leave amongst them, come to England with them and hopefully live a life, happily, with them there.

Somehow I doubt that is possible. The chances are the horrible Nazis will find him, or his governess won't give up tracking him down because she feels it's her 'duty'. But, even if they do take him away, I think that Tally, friends and the brilliant Mateo will manage to save him and probably a lot of other people too. Hopefully he won't be killed, murdered or anything else along the way, and hopefully neither will Tally and her friends...

The Dragonfly Pool <3

No comments:

Post a Comment