Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Golden Compass

The Golden Compass

By: Philip Pullman

I have read 190 pages of the 399 that make The Golden Compass. The main conflict in the Golden Compass is that Roger, Lyra's best friend and the kitchen boy, gets kidnapped by the Gobblers. The Gobblers are these creatures who kidnap children, that's about all anybody knows about them. The people in Oxford could only agree upon their name and nothing else. Since Lyra moved in with Mrs. Coulter she has heard nothing about the Gobblers, but everyone and a while., but soon forgets about him again. I think that Lyra will find Roger on a trip up into the North, and that he will be with the Gobblers. I also have a prediction on what the Gobblers might be doing to the children they are kidnapping, I belive that they are separating the children from their daemons, and turning them into slaves.



2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your blog post again! It was written in great detail and detail, which I love. This is about the third blog you have written that I have read and they are better and better. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana,
    I really like that you write in detail. I enjoy reading your blog post and maybe when I see your presentation I will read the book as I hear it is great! :)

    ReplyDelete