Friday, September 12, 2014

Holes-Louis Sachar

My book's name is Holes. The author of the book is Louis Sachar. The book has 233 pages. It is a story of a boy named Stanley. He is fat and tall. He is from a poor family. Stanley had to go to a place called Camp Green Lake, for his detention, it is a place where boys have to dig holes whole day for building their characters. In the meantime, it took Stanley a while to realize that Warden, the owner of the place, is looking for some underground hidden treasure. Stanley tries to find out the truth.

The mood of the book is funny and serious. The setting is in Camp Green Lake, a place which is full of dangerous and creepy animals. I chose this book because I heard many people saying in 6 grade that this book is really good. I have read 7 chapters of the book and I find it really fascinating. I would love to read the whole book. Here is a picture of how the cover of the book looks like. There is also a movie based on this book which is also named "Holes".
Hope you like my blog post about this book. 

4 comments:

  1. Prachi the book sounds awesome! I just burrowed this book from my friend!! I am excited to read this book!! Also your writing wanted me to read your book!!
    Rin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you have some additional information about this book. The way you worded the blog entry makes me read this book, and I bet anybody who reads your blog entry also feel the same.

    ReplyDelete