Monday, September 15, 2014

Half Brother By: Aleksa D

The book that I just started reading is called 'Half Brother' and it was written by Kenneth Oppel. This book is about a boy, Ben Tomlin, who's mom brings home a baby chimpanzee for a high profile experiment. The experiment is supposed to determine if chimpanzees can learn human sign language. In order to teach this baby chimpanzee (Zan) sign language he is going to have to live in Ben's home and become a part of their family. Being an only child, Ben is not too happy about this but he soon forms a powerful bond with Zan. I loved this book straight from the beginning because it had a very dramatic and intense start since Zan's mother was tranquilized and he was ripped from her arms just like her first child in the opening scene of the book. This made me want to read on because I knew this was going to be a very emotional and difficult story.

2 comments:

  1. Aleksa you really did a great job of explaining the book. Even though I didn't read the book I felt that I read it because of your great explanation. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aleksa in the second sentence did you mean high school experiment instead of high profile experiment? Anyway I love it! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete