Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bloomability

Author: Sharon Creech

#ofp: 273/273

          This week I was reading a very interesting unfamiliar book. I just finished on Friday. Bloomability is about Domenica Santolina Doone, (otherwise known as Dinnie), and her opportunity. From whe she was born in Kentucky to Mexico where her first life ended Dinnie was always on the move with her country father, city mother, her older sis Stella who ended up pregnant at the age of sixteen, and her brother Crick who ended up in jail. This was her life, always moving about every six months where her father had believed to find an opportunity. Until one day she was "kidnapped" by her uncle Max and aunt Sandy and off to Switzerland she went. Here Dinnie learns to realize that everyone, even she has a bit of bloomability in them. I read this book thanks to miss Brink and miss Stanisic and literary ladies.
      One word that I did not under stand, and many of you won't either, was bloomability. Later I learned it to be a mispronounced word of possibility by a Japanese boy named Keisuke but turned into a whole new meaning as in finding who you truly are, adapting, forcing through struggles, and being interesting.
I hope you guys will rad this book. Although the beginning is hard to take in and I personally had to re read the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment