Saturday, March 29, 2014

Insurgent ❤

Hi everyone!
Today wasn't really a week where I actually read much, due to many  4/5 days with some sort of after activity, and then a lot of homework. Yet I did get to read SOMETHING!
Currently I am in the middle of the book Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I read Divergent in the February break, and finished it in two days. It was REALLY good and I enjoyed it hugely. Reading Insurgent has been going slowly because of the play, but I am planning on finishing it by next week (lets hope.)
Currently, I am on page.... *checks*... 434 I believe, out of a grand total of 525. I'm at the part just before the really exciting things begin to happen, so I am planning on reading more this weekend. The number of pages is of Saturday morning.
I read about 50 pages this week. It is a very interesting book, which I am enjoying hugely. It is actually the second book in the Divergent trilogy, so I am halfway through the whole series.
It is a dystopian book, set in a future where society is sorted into five 'factions' you have to take an aptitude test, to see in which one you belong. There is Candor, for people who believe in honesty, Erudite, for those who believe in knowledge, Amity, who believe in happiness, Dauntless, you believes in bravery, and Abgnation, who believe in Selflessness.
I am not going to ruin the book for you though, but this is the second book, and it is really exciting and if you haven't read Divergent (book #1)... READ. IT. NOW.

 I am going to share with you one word I didn't know the meaning of. This word is actually is the title.

Insurgent a person fighting against a government or invading force; a rebel or revolutionary.

Basically, an insurgent is someone who is standing against the system, just like the main character Tris. In Insurgent, society has gone a little haywire, and Tris and her fellow... comrades are trying to stop everything getting even worse. They don't really believe that using weird mind control tactics, and almost killing 1/5 of the population is ok. So, they are insurgents. 

So my sentence- Tris and her comrades are insurgents, and they want to make society better for everyone. 

Also I just want to share this with everyone - 

This is an online aptitude test to she which faction you belong in. I got Dauntless.. what did you get?

GEMMA!



5 comments:

  1. Seems interesting, I'm definitely going to read this after I finish reading Mocking Jay (third series of The Hunger Games books) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Gemma! I was thinking about reading Divergent and now I really want to read it so I can get to Insurgent. Once again, Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOMEEEEEEEEE THATS COOL GONNA WATCH DIVERGENT SOON! <3 UR POST AND I GOT.... idk its loading... ummm its dead. ill do that later........ COOL BOOK SOUNDS INTERESTING I SHOULD WATCH THE MOVIE WHEN IT COMES OUT OR READ THE BOOK! (I prefer movies sometimes, but might be different than the book...)
    AWESOME ALL IN ALL,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. READ THE BOOK! #1 RULE IN LIFE - ALWAYS READ THE BOOK BEFORE THE MOVIE!

      Delete