Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Shadow

The book I am reading just for pleasure this week is entitled Shadow by Michael Morpurgo.  This author has also written the famous book War Horse.

 I have read 33 pages out of the 264 that are in the book. 

 I will tell you a very brief  summary of what I have read so far.  There is  this kid who goes to his grandfather's house for the summer and tells his grandfather that he want to get his best friend out of a "jail" and so they go. His grandfather feels nervous about what is about to happen next.  A lot of the who, what, when, how, where and why is not included in the brief summery to make you feel more urged to read this fascinating book. 

 I chose to read this book because I had nothing to do so I thought maybe I could read the book my sister got for me and that is how I got into reading this book.   

An unknown word in the part of which I have read is befriender on page 24.  Befriender is  a person who acts as a friend to (someone) by offering help or support.



Quote:
“I can hate you more, but I'll never love you less.” 
― Michael MorpurgoShadow

No comments:

Post a Comment