Sunday, March 2, 2014

LOTR-THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING! ONE POST TO RULE THEM ALL:)

AUTHOR: J.R.R TOLKIEN
BOOK: FINISHED (AS PREVIOUSLY PROMISED)

Ok! Yes, I have finished this dynamic book! Well, I only have one thing to say: It left me speechless! And when I say this I mean it in all possible aspects. It's word choice is marvelous, and it's content in brilliant. Congratulations Tolkien! In today's post I will be talking about 3 problems, some bigger and some smaller and not so significant problems, and how the FELLOWSHIP solved the, or did not! Please, If you want to read the book, and you are reading my post, beware of SPOILERS! Without further a due,  I will start:

1. Our first problem, is the main focus of the book. Yes, this is the biggest of the three, like Zeus would be to his 2 brothers! Frodo Baggins has inherited The One Ring, which I will not talk about because I already described it in some of my previous posts. One faithful day Gandalf tells him about his epic quest. He is supposed to throw the One Ring in the cracks of Mount Doom, where the rings had been forged. His first mission is to go to the Elvish city of Rivendell, because of "specific" reasons. How did he solve the quest you are wondering? Well, this peice of information you can find out in the 3rd book, "The Return of the King"! I know the answer, and I will not mention it, it's up to you to find out!

2. Number Two! This one I found very interesting, and this is the smallest of the three problems. Once the "FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING' is formed, the group needs to go further south, ideally to the city of Minas Tirith, belonging to the race of men. While going through the Misty Mountains, they decide to make a shortcut through the ancient Dwarve-Realm of Moria. Moria was a mine, that had been abandoned by the Dwarves. After losing the Lonely Mountain to SMAUG, in the Hobbit, the Dwarves that where in exile fought against the orcs to regain it. They had won the battle, but decided to carry on. Back to our story, the entrance of this mine is the problem. The doors wil only open if you guess the riddle in Elvish, correctly! Here is the riddle: " Speak friend, and enter". The answer had been friend in Elvish, thanks to logical Frodo!

3. The last one! This one is in the middle. Very important it is! How do you get to Minas Tirith? Yes, at the end of this book, when they escape Moria, and leave the Elven city of Lorien, they need to get to Minas Tirith! The only way is to sail down the Great River! After some time, they enter Man, or Rohan territory. But then, after a fight between Boromir and Frodo, the Fellowship breaks apart! How will they reach the city, I do not know! I will find out in "The Two Towers!"

Thanks for reading my post!

1 comment:

  1. Wowwww awesome blog post! LOTR is super awesome.

    ReplyDelete