Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Return of The King

Author: J.J.R. Tolkien
# of pages: 624/624


                 There are many climaxes in this book also because there are two parts of telling this story. I'm kind of late reading this book and most of you have probably read it already. In my opinion, I believe the climax was when finally at the top of the mountain, at the point of trying to get rid of the ring, Frodo is taken over to evil and attacks his loyal friend and assistant Sam. Then Gollum, or Smeagle, or both attacks Frodo and bites off Frodo's finger and gains the ring! Only to fall into the fire unto which the ring was first created. This I have to say wasn't the most exciting part for me and wasn't my favorite either. The main event that led up to the climax in this book is when Frodo learns that Sam took the ring from him after believing that he was finally dead. This whole thing went to his head and the power of the ring was so strong that from that point on, he was lead by the leash of the ring as he was the ring bearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment