Saturday, March 29, 2014

Carrie

My senta
Cover of "Carrie"
Cover of Carrie
Title: Carrie
Author: Stephen King
Pages Read: 231/231

I read Carrie by Stephen King. I chose it because it is a horror/thriller and maybe an adventure book. Carrie is based on a true story. Stephen King knew a girl in the year 1970 something. She didn't fit in with her peers and she was picked on and bullied by most of the kids in her school because how she looked. The girl finally had enough money to buy 'trendy' clothes, she got bullied even more (because she tried to fit in). The girl committed suicide in the late 1980's.
A word that I didn't know was doleful on page ninety-something and it means expressing sorrow; mournful. My sentence is: (I wasn't sure if the sentence had to do with the story) "Everyone had doleful expressions when they looked down at the coffin that held the once innocent girl"
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. I. NEED. TO. READ. THAT. BOOK! Can i borrow it from you please? PLEAASSSEEE! It sounds amazing, and I want to watch the movie, but i need to read the book first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS AWESOME. NEED TO READ IT. THE MOVIE IS OUT! can u put more info cuz it sounds reallllllllllllly intersting and yeh... that book = <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So intense. I NEED TO READ THAT! I'm after Gemma! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Were you scared when you read it? Sounds scary. I mean, I can't even watch Scooby-Doo without screaming like crazy cause I am scared. Can you tell me what happens more? I dont want to read it or watch the movie because I know that I will never sleep again. So I just want to here it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book is super interesting, I really like the way you have written your blog post!!!!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete