Sunday, November 4, 2012

Criss Cross



What I Have Read So Far


Title Of Book: Criss Cross
Author: Lynne Rae Perkins 
Number Of Pages: 335 pages
Number Of Pages Read All Together: 118 pages
Award That The Book Got: JOHN NEWBERY MEDAL (On 2006)



Hi! today, I will be talking about what I have read so far in the book. So far, I have read 13 chapters and I've read 118 pages. In these 13 chapters, It was basically explaining and introducing the characters, talking about Debbie, (the main character) and her friends. First, I thought that this book was a sad book but it was different. When I read a few chapters, I found out that this book got the title "Criss Cross" because there is this radio program called "Criss Cross" that Debbie and her friends heard in Lenny's dad's truck. (Lenny is Debbie's friend) In these 13 chapters, It was also talking about Hector, also Debbie's and Lenny's friend. Hector wanted to play the guitar because he went to a Community College with his sister for some kind of coffee thing and there was a guy playing guitar that inspired Hector to play it. My favorite quotes (but I'm not sure if it is) is on Page 35 when Debbie and her friends were listening the radio show. It was,
" Don't eat the yellow snow" and "Dead skunk in the middle of the road" 
I liked it because it kind of explains why the radio show was called "Criss Cross"







1 comment:

  1. This book seems interesting.I will try to find the book in the library so I can read it.

    ReplyDelete