Sunday, November 18, 2012

Elijah of Buxton
Christopher Paul Curtis
Pages: 341

So far, in my book there has not been a conflict yet but I can feel one that is starting to begin. When a hard working man receives more than $2000 which is finally enough to by his family back from slavery, he asked the Preacher, who is not such a trusted man, to ride down to the U.S to give that money to a white man that buys slaves and gives them to their family. The story is trying to make you think that the Preacher will be the one who steals it but what I think is that the author is mentioning it so much that to me it appears that he is trying to trick into thinking it was the Preacher when it will really be someone else. The person who steals the money will try to make it look like the Preacher did it, trying to frame it on him. I think the solution is that Elijah is going to go out and get that money back but what I don't know if he will have help from somebody. I know that Elijah is going to get the money because when I read on the back of the book it said that he was going to get it. 

1 comment:

  1. The book sounds Marwellous and i would really like to read the book.
    Love from
    Alice Rose

    ReplyDelete