Sunday, November 24, 2013

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Post 3

      The book I am currently reading now and for the book report is 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'. This book is written by J.K. Rowling, and I read 532 pages out of 734.

This is a part in the end of the book when Harry and Voldemort is dueling. This illustration is by Mary Grandpre. Picture Source: harrypotterforum.com
   
      The awards that this book and J.K. Rowling won are: 'The Hugo Award for Best Novel', 'The Indian Paintbrush Award', 'The Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award', and 'Entertainment Weekly' listed this book in second place on their list of 'The New Classics: Books - The 100 best reads from 1983 to 2008'.
      I agree that the book should have won all these awards, because this book was one of the best books I ever read, and also has everything a good book has: good literature, fun, appeal, etc. But I don't think it is the type of book that receives a 'Newberry Award', because those kind of books really has a lesson or a meaning in it. But this book doesn't really have an actual meaning and is not touching or anything like that. I think its just a fun book. Even J.R.R. Tolkien and his Lord of the Rings Trilogy didn't receive a Newberry Award even though its superb in literature and almost everything. I think this book deserved enough or a little more in my opinion. I think that one of the reasons that this book didn't receive a lot of awards (not an opinion) is because of a lot of those people who think that this book is violating their beliefs and religions etc., and the people who wanted to ban this book because of the fantasy and magic in this book. But this book really is a very fun, exciting, and good book to read, and I recommend it to all fantasy and adventure lovers.

Bibliography:

'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' awards: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire#Awards_and_honours

Picture source (once again): harrypotterforum.com

Other information: Rumors, prior knowledge, and opinions.

1 comment:

  1. I love this book, and think it too deserved the award. The literature is amazing!

    ReplyDelete