Sunday, November 17, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird

The book I am reading is entitled "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee (Cover Page).  I have read 90 out of 329 pages.  The setting of the story takes place in a town by the name of Maycomb in Alabama.  The street that Jem and Scout live on is quite fascinating because there is a house that people call the Radley Place because a man named Boo Radley used to live in it.  I can prove people called it the Radley Place by giving an example from the book which is "Jem said he reckoned he wasn't, he'd pass the Radley Place every school day of his life." (Page 14).  Also a quite fascinating thing is that several teachers from school live next to them, including Mrs. Maudie and Mrs. Rachel, and I can prove this by giving an example from the book which is: "Suddenly I noticed that the men were backing away from Mrs. Maudie's house, moving down the street toward us.  They were no longer carrying furniture.  The fire was well into the second floor and had eaten its way up to the roof: window frames were black against a vivid orange center.
"Jem it looks like a pumpkin--"
"Scout, look!"
Smoke was rolling off our house and Mrs. Rachel's house like fog on a riverbank, and men were pulling hoses toward them." (Page 79).

The picture below is the Radley Place.


2 comments:

  1. I've read the book, and I think you explained the setting really well, especially the radley place. Also its good that you added the picture from the film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the book, and I think you explained the setting really well, especially the radley place. Also its good that you added the picture from the film!

    ReplyDelete