Sunday, November 17, 2013

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.

   
Page: 101/220
Author: J.K. Rowling
Summary about what I have read

I am reading Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.  From what I have read Harry Potter is an 11 year old boy who lives with a family of muggles. The muggles are his uncle, Vernon Dursley, his aunt, Petunia Dursley and his cousin, Dudley Dursley.  These muggles treat Harry badly.  Harry lives in a cupboard until he gets a mail from Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry. Vernon reads the mail and throws it in the fire. After that the Dursleys let Harry have his own room.  There came way to much mail from Hogwarts so they left to a shack out in the sea.  Out in the shack a Half giant-Half man named Hagrid takes Harry and takes him to Diagon alley.  Harry buys school supplies and gets a train ticket from Hagrid.  The ticket says station Nine and Three Quarters.  The next month Vernon takes Harry to the train station.  Harry hears someone say "Packed with muggles of course" (69) He looked and saw a red head family.  He asked them and he found platform 9 and 3/4.  Harry gets on the train and becomes friends with Ron.  That is what I have read so far.
-Per

Unknown word: Antipathy
Definition: A strong dislike.
Unknown word from text: Muggles
Definition: a person who is not a wizard or witch. 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Per,

    Nice post! I read the book and a dynamic path awaits! IF: The updated
    name is the "Sorcerers stone", to make it more interesting!

    Sincerely,
    Alokin Rats Der

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool review!

    I think your post was very good and detailed, wow! how can someone live in a cupboard? evil people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read all the books in this series, and I think you should keep reading because it will get even better until the Deathly Hallows. I love this series and I love this book the most because it is where it all begins.
    The real version is called "The Philosopher's Stone", but the US version is "The Sorcerer's Stone". In the US version, there are 309 pages, but I'm sure that the UK one has more pages. :)

    ReplyDelete