Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hey Sixth graders,

The book I read this week is still Whittington by Alan Armstrong. I am almost finished the book. I only have about forty or fifty more pages left! I can easily finish that this following week! My book mostly takes place in a barn. The barn has three sections to it. One has stables for the horses. The other has pens for the chickens and other birds. The last one has a big bale of hay for Lady the goose and Whittington the cat. Right outside the barn is just flat land. Although there is a lake to the left of the barn. Next to the barn is a hill. If you go up the hill and  a little farther forward there is a house where the owner of the barn, his wife, and his grandchildren live.

Here is a quote about the barn: Again there is no one quote for describing the barn. The description takes up many pages.

Here is a quote about the lake: "The pond was to the left."

Here is a quote about the hill: "In winter it got so slick he couldn't get the truck down; he had to slip-slide in to feed and water to the animals."

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. You should really read Whittington.

-Erika Anne Brotzen- (AKA Firestar)

This is also a history book about Dick Whittington. I just realized that part of my book was a true story.
Below is a picture of Dick Whittinton's cats grave. (I guess it is a grave)


No comments:

Post a Comment