Wednesday, November 13, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird

The book I am reading for my book report is entitled "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee (cover page).  I have read 55 pages out of 329. The main character's name is Scout Finch. She is six years old and has a brother who is ten. Her brother's name is Jem Finch. Scout is a tomboy. To define tomboy I used Dictionary.com and they defined it as  an  energetic, sometimes boisterous girl whose behavior and pursuits, especially in games and sports, are considered more typical of boys than of girls.  In the book it did not give Scout's physical traits so I will only be able to give her personality traits.  One of her personality traits is defensiveness and I can prove it by giving an example from the book on page 51 which is:

"You reckon he's crazy?"

Miss Maudie shook her head. "If he's not he should be by now. The things that happen to people that we never really know.  What happens in houses behind closed doors, what secrets--"

"Atticus don't ever do anything to Jem and me in the house that he don't do in the yard," I said, feeling it my duty to defend my parent.


Another trait Scout has is cruelty and I can prove it by giving an example from the book on page 25 which is, "Catching Walter Cunningham in the schoolyard gave me some pleasure, but when I was rubbing his nose in the dirt Jem came by and told me to stop."



CF

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment