Sunday, November 17, 2013

Midnight for Charlie Bone

Midnight for Charlie Bone
114/345 pages
Jenny Nimmo
Review by Shelly Ness


I am reading "Midnight for Charlie Bone" by Jenny Nimmo. The book includes a lot of magic and some very unique "powers" too. Charlie is forced to leave his best friend, Benjamin because his evil aunts  moved him to a new school called Bloors. It is a school for musicians, artists and actors but there are a few kids there that are endowed, they have magical powers. They can move things, explode light bulbs and do many more extraordinary things that no one would ever think about.

The book has many settings such as some rooms"As he passed this uncle's room he had an idea. He knocked, hesitantly." (Nimmo 99). "I know what you were doing, sitting in the kitchen having a good laugh..." (Nimmo 104). Benjamin's House, Charlie's House, The Indeglew Bookstore and many more. He always goes out of the house, without telling anyone to the cathedral street (street with many shops). The setting is usually in his house because he lives there, Benjamin comes there a lot and his grandma will kill him if he isn't in the house (she thinks he should always be punished).

I would recommend this book, it isn't that hard to read and it is interesting so yes I am really loving this book, I think that you should read it if you like mystery, fantasy, horror, excitement and fun you will love it!

Thanks for reading,
Shelly


-Pic Credits to Google Images-

1 comment:

  1. Great review Shelly, I really love the way you have written your review. Poor Charlie I would hate it if I had to leave my best freind.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete