Sunday, November 24, 2013

Hey sixth graders,

My book is called Whittington by Alan Armstrong. Whittington has won the Newbery Honor award.
I think that Whittington deserved this award because it is a very interesting story. It is great if you love animals or history. It is not filled with to much action but it is still very intriguing. There is a cliff hanger at the end of each chapter do you have to read the whole book to find out what happens. The book has many interesting parts. It goes back and forth between animals and history. It is about a cat named Whittington telling about the story of Dick Whittington and his cat (since he was named after him after all). I think that this book blends together very nicely. It is actually one of my favorite books. It is not to boring though. it does have some action. In a different kind of way. You have to read the book to find out for yourself. I will not spoil it for you. This is why I think the book deserved to win the award.

-Erika Anne Brotzen-
(AKA Firestar)

This is a picture of Dick Whittington and his cat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment