Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Staircase By: Ann Rinaldi


The setting of my book is not very distinguished. The main characters are moving the entire time I have read. The book starts in Independence (start of the santa fe trail), they are leaving there to take the arch bishop's daughter to Santa Fe. They traveled on the trail, on the road Lizzy's mother dies and they stop for her burial. Eventually they reach Santa Fe, and unfortunately Lizzy is left there without knowing her father was leaving her. During the day it is rather hot weather, making most sweat. During the night it gets cold, it is the desert. This story takes place in the 19th century. 
A quote from the book would be: "He is not a punishing God, Lizzy. That is the mistake most people make, thinking He sits with an account book and a big fist, waiting to punish us. He is not a wrathful God but a loving God who made each of us and loved us since we were in our mother’s womb."  (forgot the page number).

Hope that made it clear! :)

KF 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a really touching tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book you are reading sounds somewhat depressing. It also sounds really good at the same time. It also has a catchy title. I like your blog post a lot. I can have a picture of the setting in the mind by the way you described other things in the book. Well not so much the setting but the mood. I wish your quote had something more to do with the setting or the mood of your story. I am glad you did not tell me to much about the book because now I want to read it myself!!!!! -Erika-

    ReplyDelete