Saturday, November 1, 2014

Dead Man's Cove

           Hello Readers, I am back with another blog about my book. This time I will tell you the awards this book have achieved. Let's get on with it, shall we?

           Now I will list the awards and then tell you the definition of the awards, and at the end since I am not a jerk I will summarize everything that I have read so far. BTW, I have read up till chapter 6. I will summarize what has happened in the book so far for you after the awards.
  • Blue Peter Book of the Year - 2011
           This book has unfortunately only won 1 award, but as I promised i would define the award and tell you about the award. 

           The Blue Peter Book of the Year award was created in 2000. The aim of the award is to let parents and children know which is the best children's literature. The award is administered by Book Trust and is associated by the BBC's long running children's magazine program. 

           Now just because I like all of you who are reading this blog I will summarize my reading so far. Just think of the summary as a bonus in the blog, enjoy it!

           Now Laura the main character lives at her uncle's house in St. Ives. Her Uncle is scary and kind to her at the same time. His name is Calvin Redfern. Her uncle's house is huge. It was the morning and as Laura was admiring how beautiful the day is the cemetery had caught her eyes. She then immediately thought of the sounds she heard at that previous night. She had the thought of the dead walking at the fierce stormy night. She was really scared until the clock caught her eyes. It was 10:05 a.m. She thought her uncle didn't care whether she slept the day away or she did not sleep at the night. This was because the only time she was allowed to wake up past 8:00 a.m was on Christmas. She went into the dining room to have breakfast and to look for her wolf hound named Lottie. At first she couldn't find her uncle. Then later on she found him, or so she thought. She opened the door to her uncle's study (the place where she thought her uncle was). Instead of her uncle she saw a lady named Mrs.Webb dusting the study. Mrs. Webb is the cleaner. Laura closed that door and on her way to the kitchen Laura had the thought that either her uncle likes his documents polished or Mrs. Webb is interfering in his official life. Laura is overall finding fault with the place even though she just came the night before. 

Hope you enjoyed the blog post and good rest of the day to you.       

No comments:

Post a Comment