Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ruby Hollers-Award

Hi guys,
The book I am reading is called Ruby Hollers. The author of the book is Sharron Creech. The book is about the two twins named Dallas and Florida. They lived in an orphanage. The owner of the orphanage always punished both of them to run or shout. The owner named them the "Trouble twins". They were always sent to fosters families. They got their bad memories from the foster families. After 2 or 3 days they were sent to the orphanage, by the foster families, because of their behavior. The name of the book came from a place where the twins were sent "Ruby Hollers". This book has 309 pages and I am on the 88 page number.
The book won lots of awards. The award that I chose to write about is called THE CARNEGIE AWARD FOR CHILDREN'S LITERATURE.  The Carnegie award is a British Literary Award.  We can say it is same as the America's Newbery Award. If a book wins this award that means that the book has excellent literary quality and the book should be written for children and young adults.
Here is a picture of my book.
Sources
http://www.carnegiegreenaway.org.uk/carnegie/award_criteria.php







4 comments:

  1. I think your writing Is really Interesting and you have good explanation about the book good work I hope you continue like this,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks elena, u also did a great job on ur post.
      Prachi :)

      Delete
  2. Prachi!!!!
    I didn't know that award existed for books, so thanks for teaching me something new. I really liked your post and I remember reading this book last year, it was really good. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book.
    Kiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiara!!
      Your welcome. I also didn't know anything about this award too. I am done reading this book!! And i find it amazing. and thanks for commenting.. :)
      prachi

      Delete