Sunday, November 2, 2014

When you reach me- Awards

The book I am reading is called When you reach me.  This book is written by Rebecca Stead. It was published in July 14th 2009.  She has also written Liar & Spy and First Light. When you reach me has won the John Newbery Award. This book was awarded in 2010. When you reach me has 200 pages. It is a very interesting and funny book.

When you reach me is about a girl called Miranda and her mother is going on this show called The $20,000 Pyramid and Miranda  is helping her win it. Also the book is about Miranda's former friend Sal and they were good friends but when a kid punched Sal on the stomach he suddenly stopped talking to her.

The John Newbery Award is given to authors when authors contribute to American Literature. The first book that was awarded was The story of man kind by Hendrik Willem van Loon. It was first awarded in 1922. The most recent winner is Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamilio. Every year there is a Award winning book and honored books.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rin,
    This book sounds really interesting. i liked that u mentioned the mood of the book. U gave a concise information about this book. Hope u enjoy the book.
    Prachi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rini,
    I think that you gave a really good description about the book and I really liked how you mentioned when it was published. The description that you gave about the book was also very good! HOPE U ENJOY THE REST OF THE BOOK!!!!
    Kiara

    ReplyDelete